Regional Growth Fund
Eligible organisations include local governments, industry and community organisations, as well as regional organisations.
The following six programs will be made available under through the Regional Growth Fund:
$300 Million Community Amenity Fund
1. Regional Cultural Fund – Investment to support arts and culture
NOW OPEN : 17 July 2017 – 4 September 2017
2. Stronger Country Communities Fund – delivery of crucial local infrastructure to improve quality of life (such as upgrades to community facilities, playgrounds, health centres, refurbish schools, libraries and community centres).
Only Local Councils may apply but community groups with project ideas can contact their local Council.
Local Councils must apply in the following time periods:
NOW OPEN :
7 July 2017 – 9 Aug 2017 : Lithgow and Weddin Shires
20 Sept – 18 Oct 2017: Bathurst, Blayney, Orange, Cabonne, Oberon, Cowra, Parkes, Forbes, Lachlan Shires.
$1 Billion Economic Activation Fund
3. Regional Sports Infrastructure – to enhance and build sporting infrastructure, and targeting investments over $1 million (administered by the NSW Office of Sport)
NOW OPEN : the fund remains open to EOI’s year-round.
4. Growing Local Economies – funding enabling infrastructure to grow regional centres (through job creation and economic growth)
NOW OPEN: this is a two-stage process, with EOI’s submitted first
5. Resources for Regions – investment in mining-impacted communities (including infrastructure for health, water, roads, education, tourism and CBD renewals)
NOW OPEN : 1 July 2017 – 18 August 2017
6. Connecting Country Communities – funding to improve regional voice and data connectivity (including to build and upgrade mobile base stations, connect businesses to global markets and schools with innovative learning resources)
Opens late 2017
The Regional Growth Fund aligns with the vision set out in the NSW Governments’ Regional Development Framework.
More information can be found on the Regional Growth Fund website.