Regional Growth Fund
Eligible organisations include local governments, industry and community organisations, as well as regional organisations. Organisations can contact RDA Central West for assistance in developing project proposals on 02 6369 1600.
The following six programs will be made available under through the Regional Growth Fund:
$300 Million Community Amenity Fund
1. Regional Cultural Fund – Investment to support arts and culture
Applications closed on 4 September 2017
2. Stronger Country Communities Fund – delivery of crucial local infrastructure to improve quality of life (such as upgrades to community facilities, playgrounds, health centres, refurbish schools, libraries and community centres).
Only Local Councils may apply but community groups with project ideas can contact their local Council.
Local Councils must apply in the following time periods:
Closed 9 Aug 2017 : Lithgow Shire
NOW OPEN : 20 Sept – 18 Oct 2017: Bathurst, Blayney, Orange, Cabonne, Oberon, Cowra, Parkes, Forbes, Lachlan, Weddin Shires.
NSW Business Case Guidelines are provided below
$1 Billion Economic Activation Fund
3. Regional Sports Infrastructure – to enhance and build sporting infrastructure, and targeting investments over $1 million (administered by the NSW Office of Sport)
NOW OPEN : the fund remains open to EOI’s year-round.
4. Growing Local Economies – funding enabling infrastructure to grow regional centres (through job creation and economic growth)
NOW OPEN : this is a two-stage process, with EOI’s submitted first.
The fund will remain open until all funding has been exhausted.
5. Resources for Regions – investment in mining-impacted communities (including infrastructure for health, water, roads, education, tourism and CBD renewals)
EOI’s closed on 18 August 2017
6. Connecting Country Communities – funding to improve regional voice and data connectivity (including to build and upgrade mobile base stations, connect businesses to global markets and schools with innovative learning resources)
Opens late 2017
Business Case Guidelines
These business case guidelines for NSW regional infrastructure projects are designed to support applicants prepare strong proposals and simplify the requirements set out in longer, more technical NSW Government guidelines.
Prior to commencing work on developing a business case for a project please contact the Office of Regional Development to discuss your project ideas and program eligibility.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 679 673
An Expression of Interest needs to be completed and assessed before applicants will be requested to prepare a business case for potential program funding.
For more info visit the NSW Government’s webpage on Writing a Business Case
The Regional Growth Fund aligns with the vision set out in the NSW Governments’ Regional Development Framework.
More information can be found on the Regional Growth Fund website.