Regional Growth Fund – NSW Govt
Eligible organisations include local governments, industry and community organisations, as well as regional organisations. Organisations can contact RDA Central West for assistance in developing project proposals on 02 6369 1600.
The following six programs will be made available under through the Regional Growth Fund:
$300 Million Community Amenity Fund
1. Regional Cultural Fund – Investment to support arts and culture
Applications for Stage Two closed on 3 April 2018.
2. Stronger Country Communities Fund – focus in Round Two is on local community amenity and sporting infrastructure projects, including infrastructure that improves the quality of life such as upgrades to community facilities, playgrounds, health centres, refurbishing schools, libraries and community centres, and sports grounds.
There is $200 million available in Round Two – $100 million for general community amenity projects and another $100 million available for local sports infrastructure projects. To reflect the funding split, Councils are required to submit sport projects that total at least 50 per cent of their total Round Two allocation (Councils will be sent a letter informing them of their total Round Two funding allocation).
Projects between $50,000 and $1 million do not require co-funding; projects over $1 million require at least 25% co-funding.
Only Local Councils may apply under this Fund, however they are expected to work with sporting and other community groups to identify priority projects and submit applications on behalf of these organisations.
NOW OPEN : Round two is now open and will close 4 May 2018.
$1 Billion Economic Activation Fund
3. Regional Sports Infrastructure – Round Two is to invest in new and existing facilities to improve the participation and performance in sports at all levels, targeting investments between $1 million and $10 million (grant amounts) for regional sport hubs or regionally significant sport facilities (administered by the NSW Office of Sport).
$100 million is available under Round Two of this Fund in 2018.
NOW OPEN : Round Two opens 15 March 2018 closing 4 May 2018
4. Growing Local Economies – funding enabling infrastructure to grow regional centres (through job creation and economic growth)
This could include road works, natural gas mains and pipelines, water supply, sewerage connections and telecommunications (including data networks). The program is expected to deliver long–term growth benefits.
NOW OPEN : this is a two-stage process, with EOI’s submitted first.
The fund will remain open until all funding has been exhausted.
NSW Business Case Guidelines are provided below
5. Resources for Regions – investment in mining-impacted communities (including infrastructure for health, water, roads, education, tourism and CBD renewals)
EOI’s closed on 18 August 2017
6. Connecting Country Communities – funding to improve regional voice and data connectivity (including to build and upgrade mobile base stations, connect businesses to global markets and schools with innovative learning resources)
Opening date TBA
Business Case Guidelines
These business case guidelines for NSW regional infrastructure projects are designed to support applicants prepare strong proposals and simplify the requirements set out in longer, more technical NSW Government guidelines.
Prior to commencing work on developing a business case for a project please contact the Office of Regional Development to discuss your project ideas and program eligibility.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1300 679 673
An Expression of Interest needs to be completed and assessed before applicants will be requested to prepare a business case for potential program funding.
For more info visit the NSW Government’s webpage on Writing a Business Case
The Regional Growth Fund aligns with the vision set out in the NSW Governments’ Regional Development Framework.
More information can be found on the Regional Growth Fund website.